Friday, November 4, 2011

Let the Fun Begin!

Today we started our first project in my Advanced Interior Design class.  I love this project.  My students have competed in this competition with FCCLA for the last three years, starting the second year of its existence (really, the first year it was different rules, and a pretty lame project).  The first year my students did very well, the second year they took first place at state (Utah) and last year they took second place at state (which I blame on me not having as much time to coach them).  Every year its the same rules, but the scenario is different.  This year they are drafting a remodel for a whole house!  They are remodeling a traditional shotgun style home.  Along with the floor plan they draw an elevation of one room and select all the finishes and furniture.  We are going to spend the next two months on this project (which, isn't as long as it sounds since I only see them 2 or 3 times a week and there's a lot of time off for holidays).  Can't wait to see how they do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...