Thursday, May 10, 2012

Olivia's Mobile

Its been a long time since I wrote this post!  And I've changed almost everything I thought I would do.  But not this.  I fell in love with this mobile on Elizabeth's blog and finally got around to using the tutorial she posted here.

It was a labor of love, that's for sure.  I first cut out all my circles using two small nesting bowls from IKEA but after it was assembled, I decided that they were far too big for the dowels and spacing.  It just looked terribly jumbled and the circles didn't have the scattered look I was hoping for, they all just kind of laid flat against each other.  Soooo, I cut all the big circles into smaller ones, and the small circles became the big ones.  Make sense?

I re-cut them one day during Olivia's nap and restrung the whole thing while my husband and brother watched a fight.  My sister-in-law and I chatted and she worked on grading papers.

Two weeks after it was finished I finally got around to hanging it, and would you believe that I was too short to reach the ceiling even with a step stool!?!  So a few days later my husband did it for me. 

 Still so much to do in this room, but I think I'll be sad when its done have plenty to do in my own room when its done!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...