We started by removing the back. Its important to remember how the pieces are attached. We did the whole project in four days so that made it easier, but if you were going to spread it out over time: pictures, pictures, pictures!
Then we removed the sides.
Lots and lots of staples to remove!
You might also want to have a small vaccuum ready. There was a lot of dust and pet hair (from the former owners, my mom doesn't have pets) from years of use built up in there. Fun.
My dad thought we were making it look to hard. Then he found out how hard it really was!
Eventually we got the chair down to this. Our padding was still in really good shape, so we didn't mess with that. Other tutorials will tell you to take it down to the bare bones and build up with all new padding. I say, if you don't have to don't do that! I can't imagine how much harder that would have made this project.
This is when the project started getting exciting. We could see the beauty start to shine through the mess and exhaustion!
From the front you almost couldn't tell it still had a long long way to go!
And we ended right where we started, by putting on the back of the chair.
From the side. One thing I love about this chair is the piping. We did it in a coordinating solid blue. Its a little hard to tell but it really makes it pop.
I feel bad we only had time for one! We're going to have to do the other at Christmas time (joy). In the mean time my mom is keeping this one covered so they don't wear unevenly.
We made a lot of mistakes a long the way! But thankfully no one will ever know but us. If you have any questions about this project feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (yeah, yeah, my email is weird. I'd change it if it wouldn't be such a huge hassle.)
Linking up here!!