Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mini Master Makeover

When we were first married we lived in an apartment with white walls (surprise, surprise) and I actually liked them in the master bedroom.  I went with a white, black and gray color scheme (never could get my husband on board with that "splash of pink" I had planned).  But when we moved into my in-laws house the beige walls did not jive with our gray art work.  We also had gray sheets, and I didn't want to have to buy all new king size sheets (expensive!) just for a temporary look.

So a quick, easy and less pricy tip for a temporary sheet change is just get new pillow cases.  I finally got around to that today. . . oh you know 10 months later.  And using some borrowed throw pillows from my mother-in-law (she's an addict) I did a little mini makeover on my bed. 

I decided to go with tans and creams and thought that might be a little too boring on its own.  I showed my husband Pantone's fall 2012 and had him pick the color he thought would look best in our room.  Actually I think I made him choose between tangerine and chartreuse.  He chose chartreuse.  I bought some chartreuse pillow cases, but decided not to use them in the end.  I guess the creams and browns aren't too boring on their own!



Here's the pillow configuration with the green (this is the only angle that they looked even somewhat decent!) Don't mind the black and white lamp shade.  I'm trying to figure a way to temporarily cover a lamp shade. . . email me if you know a trick.

And here are the pillows with the green pulled out.  The textures of the other pillows really help give interest so a bright color isn't necessary.  

What do you think?  Would you add a bright color in? 

Striped king pillow cases: IKEA
Chartreuse standard pillow cases: IKEA
Knit white standard shams: Pottery Barn
Fringe pillow, suede pillow and knit throw pillows: borrowed from my mother-in-law
Zebra textured white throw pillow: IKEA
White duvet cover: IKEA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...